A special thank you to Hugh Hallman for helping to bring Kazakhstan Ambassador Erzhan Kazykhanov to Arizona! Also thank you to AZ Rep. Tony Rivero for his leadership on bringing international leaders to AZ.
Tucson has a sister city relationship with Almaty, Kazakhstan.
There were a number of good meetings in the area including with Mayor Rothschild, and then capped off by a dinner in Scottsdale. At that dinner, Hugh hosted leaders from Global Chamber! Thank you!
The dinner was wonderful! Guests included Scottsdale Mayor Jim Lane and Councilwoman Suzanne Klapp.
See below for some photos of the event. More thanks to our attendees... including Mike Patterson of Spencer Fane, asking a question below! And Tatiana Shcherbinina of Ruspan Communications with the Ambassador and our HQ associate Andy Cho.
Thanks to all our attendees for taking the time. It was fascinating to hear about what's happening in Kazakhstan including their complex relationship with Russia and China.
Fun facts... China's President Ji has met with the leader of Kazakhstan 7 times this year. How's that for strategic importance?
The prize to the one traveling the furthers to attend... Kimberly Millier, who drove up from Mexico! Dedication!
Our attendees... I think I got them all...
1) Hugh Hallman - Berry Riddell and Hallman & Affiliates P.C.
2) Mike Langley - Global Chamber Phoenix
3) Susan Shultz - The Board Institute
4) Bill Papazian - Lightstone Solutions
5) Vartenin Papazian - Lightstone Solutions
6) Suzanne Klapp - City of Scottsdale
7) Kimberly Millier - JKM Business Consultant and Grand Canyon University
8) Leighton Weston - Creditsafe
9) Tatiana Shcherbinina - Ruspan Communications
10) Vinayak Gupta - Zero Mass Water
11) Karen Bottesch - Bank of America
12) Marc Pierce - Lee & Associates
13) Jovan Israel - Creditsafe
14) Dana Pack - Fogco
15) Michael Gossie - AZ Big Media
16) Andy Seung Hyun Cho - Global Chamber
17) Mel Sanderson - Freeport McMoRan
18) Joel Barthelemy - GlobalMed (earlier session)
19) Doug Bruhnke - Global Chamber